Pet nutritionists definitely agree that cats need to receive a wide variety of different foods including both dry foods and canned foods, and there are several reasons that make this true. Many people wonder if they should be feeding primarily wet food, primarily dry food or both. Here are some facts that you should consider.
* Dry foods are convenient and are capable of being left out all the time, allowing the cat or cats to "free feed."
* Canned foods contain water, which is beneficial for cats that are not getting enough water on their own.
* You will want to make sure that you are balancing wet food and dry food so that your cat is getting all the right types of nutrients.
* Your cats can easily become bored when you feed them the same type of food all the time. If you change up the food that you are giving them, it will keep them entertained and ensure that they will not become bored.
* If your cat is allergic to any of the ingredients in his or her food, you can head the allergic reaction off more quickly by changing up the food. Cats can also develop allergies with time, but if you are changing the food on the occasional basis, then you can prevent food allergies from becoming a problem, or can identify the presence of food allergies by changing the food ingredients out to determine which food is causing the reaction.
This does not mean that you are going to need to change out your cat’s food every day, but you should combine high-quality canned wet foods with dry foods to make sure that your cat is always getting a well rounded education. Well rounded nutrition is vitally important in keeping your cat healthy for a long time.